Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool is one of the useful developed by Intuit to help the users resolve errors related to network and company files. It helps you find all the issues between the Quickbooks application, database server manager and the company file. Also, the tool can help you get rid of other issues also like the H series error or 6000 series errors. In this post, we have discussed Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool in detail. We have provided all the details related to the tool. So, stick to the article till the end to know more in detail.
Introduction to Diagnostic Tool
There are different tools developed by Intuit to help users fix common issues with the Quickbooks application. Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool is one of those tools which is used by a lot of people. It helps to get rid of all the errors related to the multi-user mode in Quickbooks and network issues. Quickbooks uses important Microsoft components to run smoothly on the system. In case these components are damaged, you may face issues. The tool is available only for Microsoft Vista, Windows 7, or Windows XP and Quickbooks version 2008 and above versions.
Advantages of Connection Diagnostic Tool
Now, Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool has a lot of features to offer to the users. Below we have mentioned a list of all the features that the connection diagnostic tool has to offer.
- The tool will help you resolve all the issues related to the installation of the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Also, you can remove all the common issues that you can face.
- Other than this, it saves a lot of time and effort of the users when it comes to resolving issues by automatically detecting the issues.
- You can also resolve Quickbooks unexpected errors and multi-user mode errors.
- In case you are not able to update the entries on the Quickbooks application, you can resolve it using the connection diagnostic tool.
Facts Related to Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
So, before you use the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, you will have to keep certain things in mind. Here is a list of all the facts related to the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- In case you are attempting to use the tool on the Quickbooks version 2016, you will have to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Quickbooks file doctor tool is available only for Windows operating system but, if you are using Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, you can use it on both Mac and Windows.
- Also, it helps you establish the required connection between the Quickbooks database server manager and the file.
- You can easily download the tool from the official website of Intuit.
List of Issues Connection Diagnostic File can Resolve
Here is a list of all the issues that you can resolve using the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. Check out the list below.
- Access to the Quickbooks database is denied.
- In case you have not configured the firewall correctly.
- The vendor or customer list is empty.
- There are some entries not present in the employee list.
- Quickbooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Lastly, there are chances that company files are missing or compromised.
The Process to Download Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can be downloaded easily from the official website. To download it, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the official website of Quickbooks and then download the connection diagnostic tool on the system.
- After this, you will have to save the downloaded file on the system.
- Next, you will have to look for the file with the name QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- You will then have to close all the applications running in the background.
- Now, you will have to restart the application and then proceed with the process.
- Also, to download the application, you need to ensure that the internet connection is stable on your system.
- Next, you will have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
The Process to Install Diagnostic Tool
After downloading the tool on the system, you will have to install the application on the system.
- To start with, click on the downloaded file.
- You will then have to click on the next option on the welcome window.
- After this, in the next prompt, you will have to click on the Browse option to choose the installation folder.
- Next, you will have to choose the I agree on option in the license agreement window.
- In case you wish to use the default folder, you will have to click on the Next option directly.
- After this, you will have to type the admin credentials of the system and then click on the Ok button.
- After this, choose if you are using the workstation system or the host system.
- Now, you will have to wait till the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool scans and detects the issue.
So, this was a complete troubleshooting guide for Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. With all the steps mentioned in the article, you will be able to use the tool easily.